Friday, August 6, 2010

Girona through Andorra, my favorite ride yet!


It has been so long since we have updated this blog! Apologies....but the good news (or bad if we start writing too much of course:-) is that we finally have our own computer, own keyboard, and will only need to find internet to post pictures and writings of our adventures. This also means we now have skype for anyone who wants to chats. I'm quite excited!

As 2 months have passed since we last shared our story, I must go back in time and try to recollect my thoughts and memories. For any riders who are looking for a future biking trip in Europe, I would highly highly recommend Girona, Spain to Andorra. First off, Girona is simply amazing! Another walled city lined with cobbled streets, lined with shops and restaurants along the river running through town. I can see why Lance Armstrong has spent much of his time training there. As we left our camera on a park bench, we shifted plans and decided to head to Andorra. This would get us over the Pyrenees as well. I love to climb oddly enough:-)2 days of riding west of Ginora, we stopped in Ripoll at the officina de tourismo (they are so resourceful), and the women working suggested we ride through the more difficult, quieter hills for better views, small towns and less traffic. Wow! We are now in Austria and it is still the ride that stands out in my mind the most.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment