Thursday, January 13, 2011

Turkey to Perth, Australia - Writing

Customs through Perth was amazing! I even checked "dirt" on our entrance card because I forgot to clean the bottoms of my cycling shoes, and the woman still waved us to the green arrow! None of our boxes got searched, we cruised right through the go line. Yes! Poor Ryan still had to spend 3 days in our tiny hostel room, but I'm guessing we probably would have been checked had we not been prepared. Isn't that the way it always works? Our friend Azza was waiting outside the doors to welcome us to Perth. Thank you, Az! We spent the first 10 days, (wow, I can't believe that was 10 days!) with Az and Curl and could not have had better hosts. These are two of the most fun and kind people we know. They opened their house, entertained us and introduced us to their wonderful group of friends. Having such a close knit group of friends, which of course was great to see, made me miss my friends and family even more. Traveling is extremely wonderful and we so fortunate to be able to live such extraordinary experiences, but it is difficult at times to be so far away. So yes, if you are reading this, chances are I probably miss you. Probably:-)
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment