Saturday, May 1, 2010

SPAIN!!!!!! - Writing

Where did we leave off? Lagos I believe? Lagos is a fantastic city! Probably our favorite so far. It is a walled city with beautiful streets to finagle our way through. And having English to read was a nice change as well! We even found a bookshop for a trade in! I just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (which is great by the way, I read it 2 1-2 times. Thank you Summer!) and exchanged for The Tenderness of Wolves (which I have now finished as I write this and am on my way through for the 2nd time, pretty good too). When we aren´t riding our bikes, we spend our days just strolling through the cities/towns, literally strolling. We walk for miles and just enjoy people watching, eating, checking out the gorgeous scenery, dangling our feet in the water, truly admiring the surroundings and embracing this amazing opportunity we now call life. Wow.....this is our life. Not just a vacation for a few weeks, but our life. Happiness cannot possible describe the feeling.
Read more »

5 comments:

  1. This blog to me is like a drug...can't get enough and I L-O-V-E the photos...more please :) Soooooo happy your having such a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on guys! Enjoy Spain! Paola and I are happy to hear things are so going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading of your trials and tribulations. I especially like it when Ryan takes pictures of the trials. Curious...what is the favorite song you sing in your head as your ride, Lisa...I assume you don't have iPods? Happy trails to the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear what you thought about Sevilla!! Love reading this, so glad you are taking the time to write it!! Stay safe xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! It has been absolutely fantastic to say the least! Shane, as I was trudging through the swamp/mud, cursing as goo was filling my sandals and toes, I look up to see Ryan going for the camera. I said, ¨DON´T even think about taking a picture!¨ He just grinned and snapped away. Hahahahahaha. As for music, we packed one of our shuffles by accident, and we have not listened to the one we have as we ride. When we are on an empty road/path it´s nice to just enjoy the quiet. Otherwise we are on the highway and wouldn´t feel safe with one anyway. I tend to sing either Snoop or the Sound of Music. Talk about two totally different styles of music!

    ReplyDelete